Did You Know....?

1. That 3 chickens provide 15 eggs per week?

2. That food colouring acts as a safe and eco friendly dye for un-coloured felt?

... Life post move is proving to be just as hectic and I do enjoy moments of just being able to sit and day dream. So when my mind gets to wonder, it takes a stroll to my imaginary house, garden, dog and chickens which are all out there and waiting for me to find them (surely?). Most of the thoughts are verging towards the imaginary garden and to assist in cultivating this imaginary garden I've been browsing the net and books, discovering the delightful chloesgarden.blogspot.com and getting garden envy from the very lovely Lauren's ever evolving homestead at purestylehome.blogspot.com


Sheherazade Goldsmith's "A Slice of Organic life" is also a great source of inspiration with ideas and tips on gardening with tiny patios to small holdings - it even has a step by step guide to making your own vegtable/herb box - something else to add to my 'to do' list...

I'm bursting with visions and ideas, I hope it's not too long until we find somewhere!



One major bonus to living with the inlaws is that I get to enjoy their garden in particular the magnolia tree which is in full bloom and smells so wonderful - I'll be adding it to the plant wish list.

....Oh and the felt, well the screen printing designs have come to a full stop (mentally) so inspired by Kylie over at 3sheets (who is a master felter and always leaves such lovely comments on this blog) I decided to purchase some felt and bash out a few ideas that are floating around next to the imaginary garden. Pietrina at the feltcraftstudio was so wonderful and helpful (also - it was great to be able to source some supplies locally) thanks heaps Pietrina - I'm sure I'll be in touch soon with questions!

3 comments:

  1. Oh how lovely! Here I was happily reading all your wonderful garden ideas and checking out the links (fabulous btw!) and then I come to the 'felt' part, all eager to read your adventures... and there I am! Thanks for 'linking' me :) Good luck with your felt printing! I can't wait to see it. K x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate thank you so much for mentioning about the felt that I sell. I appreciate it very much thank you for sharing that with your blog readers and friends! I'll look forward to seeing what you create with the felt! :)
    All the best! Pietrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. your new template is quite charming! photo of the blossoms is very nice, too. :)

    ReplyDelete