Here's to NON - Hostile Relations!

Sadly we have now packed up and vacated our little beachside abode. The 67 sqm's provided us with four wonderful years of shelter and happiness. Our journey as a family started there and we will take with us such fond memories of fun, laughter the occasional tear - but it is time to move on.


After a hectic weekend of packing, lifting and cleaning we're now temporarily stationed with - THE INLAWS! As kind and hospitable as they are our standards of house keeping are different, they lean towards the stepford wives 'immaculate' - with dusting days I lean more towards organised chaos - although very UN-slobbish, for the sake of world peace and few nights of them offering to babysit I'm determined to be on my bestest best, houseproud behavoiur... So who to turn to in my hour of need??... of course - the doyenne of housekeeping and home organisation Martha Stewart. So as of yesterday I'm following the SIX THINGS TO DO EVERYDAY, hopefully simple and effective!


Tres Organised...Image from Martha Stewart.com

1. Make the Bed - 'ladies and gents' as Martha says Tidiness begets tidiness. A crisp made bed make the whole room seem more orderly, which makes it less likely that you'll let other things - such as clothes and papers pile up around it.

2. Manage Clutter

3. Clean as you Cook

4. Sort the Mail

5.Wipe spills as while they are fresh

6. Sweep the kitchen floor

Wish me luck with the continuation of Non-hostile relations!

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering why you've been so quiet! Moving out of a home is just sooooo much work - you poor thing! Moving in with your in-laws... y.p.t!!! ;) I'm admiring your fortitude here and thinking I'll join in... just 6 things? I think I could manage that :) I'm going to try this. In solidarity, sister! K

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Kylie - to be honest I've already stumbled! Failed to make the bed again today, Martha would be so cross - it's top of the list! Normally this is my bugbear but when you've two king size singles pushed together to contend with Martha can..... !

    ReplyDelete